There is much hype and misinformation surrounding the subject of how to get rid of a beer gut. If you can get past the infomercials selling their ab machines, diet supplements and magic pills you’ll have a much better chance of actually seeing some proper results and holding on to the money in your pocket.
Like anything in life that involves hard work and desirable results there are no shortcuts. A task such as this requires some fundamental changes in how you live your life and exchanging bad habits for good ones.
Here are 7 small life changes you can make to your every day routine to help to get rid of a beer gut:
1. Park the car a few blocks from work forcing you to walk the rest of the journey every day to incorporate some exercise into your daily routine. If you take the bus or train try and get off a stop or 2 early (take a change of shoes for this).
2. Try and avoid taking lifts and escalators if there are stairs you can take instead.
3. Swap coffee for green tea.
4. Split your meals up into 5 or 6 smaller meals throughout the day, this will increase your metabolism and therefore burn more fat.
5. Drink lots of water, particularly when you get up and before you go to bed.
6. Eat larger meals earlier in the day when you need the energy and smaller ones in the evening when extra energy will only end up being stored as fat. Remember this expression;- “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and sup like a pauper” but try and split this into 5 or 6 meals instead of the usual 3.
7. Be conscious of how you sit at your desk or how you hold yourself during your day to day routine. One of the best ways to develop a flat tummy is to exercise your transverse abdominus. You do this by holding in your stomach (without holding your breath). Aim to see how long you can hold it in for and better your time every day.