Recipe: Lebanese Chicken Shawarma
This is a flavorful chicken dish, usually served in a Lebanese restaurant. While normally shawarma is sliced off a rotisserie, it can be made at home with just a few changes. Be warned, it takes a day of prep time. For lunch, serve as a sandwich in warmed flatbread with cucumber sauce, sliced onion, and seeded tomato. For dinner, serve with rice and lentils.
Here is what you need.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips